Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Plame-gate Plot Thickens

In the opening statements at the trial of former White House aide I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby, new evidence emerged pointing toward a criminal conspiracy at the highest levels of George W. Bush’s White House.

Libby’s defense attorney Theodore Wells described a conversation from 2003 between Vice President Dick Cheney and Libby, his chief of staff, at which a worried Libby complained that “they’re trying to set me up. They want me to be the sacrificial lamb.”

Read on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I'm hoping for a Perry Mason moment!

But, seriously, this gang of goons is even more imperial that I thought. Bush is more aptly the Leaker-in-Chief, in addition to the Liar-in-Chief:

Scott McClellan, lying about Bush’s leak:

“If someone in this administration leaked classified information, they will no longer be a part of this administration, because that’s not the way this White House operates.”

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see what John Dean has to say about this. He was supposed to be the stooge for Nixon and that gang of thugs -- and look what happened!