Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Cold Rain: Excerpt from 'Neck Deep'

By Robert, Sam and Nat Parry
November 13, 2007

The rain pelted down in icy-cold droplets, chilling both the protesters in soaked parkas and the well-dressed celebrants bent behind umbrellas to shield their furs and cashmere overcoats.

Drawn to this historic moment – a time of triumph for some and fury for others – the two opposing groups jostled and pushed their way through security checkpoints, joining the tens of thousands pressing against rows of riot police lining Pennsylvania Avenue.

Read on.

2 comments:

mistah charley, ph.d. said...

I live in the Washington metro area, and at the time that Bush/Cheney took power I was a subscriber to the Washington Post and a regular viewer of TV news (I've changed my media habits since)- and yet was not until I saw Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911 that I had any idea of the extent of demonstrations on Inauguration Day.

EvilPoet said...

I just finished reading Neck Deep. In my opinion, this book is just like all of the other books Robert Parry has authored: a must read.